Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eclipse Movie Review (Few Spoilers)

   So I was amongst the millions who turned out to watch the premiere of Twilight's Eclipse movie. The ticket in hand was like a golden ticket to the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. Many were sportin at much Twilight shirts, purses, watches, necklaces, earrings and pretty much anything else you could find.
   Not long after we were let through the gate like a herd of cattle, each running to find his or her's best seat. I got mine behind the bar in the first row, beside me sat my 3 sons. The anticipation was beating down the door to my heart. ***(See Note) 
    I truly believe that Eclipse added many small details in the movies, and so if you haven't read the books, you may and most likely not understand the meanings. Eclipse could have been made in 2 movies or even just a 3 hour movie, just enough to give more details. I was disappointed with the new "Victoria" although the actress did great. The background on Riley could have been better explained so that the reader and movie goer can experience what Riley did.
     I am not one that likes for people to change in the middle of a show or movie series. I wished that the story behind Jasper and Rosalie was developed more background. In the movie, Jessica tries (or at least) to be Bella's BFF, but in the books she isn't to excited to do anything with Bella especially after the motorcycle scene in "New Moon." Charlie and Bella had "the talk" and I think that was important especialy for our young kids today. There are quite a few scenes that were indeed intense, but Edward showed restraint. I am so glad that they included the story of the 3rd wife, because in the end that is what Bella did to protect Edward and give him a fighting chance. This is one of the first times that she seems to have courage on her side. I won't tell anymore in case you haven't seen the movie. But I do give Eclipse a 4 out of 5 stars.

***Sidenote:  I recommend you read "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" written Stephenie Meyers. It gives inside knowledge from the viewpoint of a newborn vampire. She is shown periodically through the movie, and unless you read the book, you may miss her reasonings behind surrendering to the Cullens.

No comments:

Post a Comment